In this acclaimed adaptation of the first novel by legendary Southern writer Flannery O’Connor, John Huston vividly brings to life her poetic world of American eccentricity. Brad Dourif, in an impassioned performance, is Hazel Motes, who, fresh out of the army, attempts to open the first Church Without Christ in the small town of Taulkinham. Populated with inspired performances that seem to spring right from O’Connor’s pages, Huston’s _Wise Blood_ is an incisive portrait of spirituality and Evangelicalism, and a faithful, loving evocation of a writer’s vision.
* New, restored high-definition digital transfer
* New interviews with actor Brad Dourif, writer Benedict Fitzgerald, and writer-producer Michael Fitzgerald
* Rare archival audio recording of author Flannery O’Connor reading her short story “A Good Man Is Hard to Find”
* A 28-minute episode of the television program _Creativity with Bill Moyers_ from 1982, featuring John Huston discussing his life and work
* Theatrical trailer
* PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by author Francine Prose
_New cover by Josh Cochran_