Peter O’Toole gives a tour-de-force performance as Jack, a man “cured” of believing he’s God—only to become Jack the Ripper incarnate. Based on Peter Barnes’s irreverent play, this darkly comic indictment of Britain’s class system peers behind the closed doors of English aristocracy. Insanity, sadistic sarcasm, and black comedy—with just a touch of the Hollywood musical—are all featured in this beloved cult classic directed by Peter Medak.
* New 16×9 widescreen digital transfer, supervised by director Peter Medak and restored to the original full-length version, never before available in the U.S.
* Commentary track featuring Peter O’Toole, Peter Medak, and writer Peter Barnes
* Peter Medak’s home movies, shot on location for The Ruling Class
* A collection of rare publicity and behind-the-scenes production stills
* Original trailer
* English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
* Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition
_New cover by Gordon Reynolds_