Order in the UK via Arrow: https://bit.ly/3ojzGk8Order in the US via DiabolikDVD: https://bit.ly/2TgYBXN Order in Canada via Unobstructed View: https://bit.l…
Los Angeles, 2008. As the city stands on the brink of social, economic and environmental chaos, the fates of an eclectic set of characters – including an amnesia-stricken action star (Dwayne Johnson, the Fast & Furious series), an adult film star developing her own reality TV project (Sarah Michelle Gellar, Cruel Intentions) and a police officer whose identity has split in two (Seann William Scott, TV’s Lethal Weapon) – intertwine with each other and with the whole of humanity.
A darkly comic futuristic epic that speaks as presciently to our turbulent times as it did to the American socio-political climate in 2006, Southland Tales receives a fresh – and timely – lease of life with this new, director-approved restoration.
2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
– New 2K restoration by Arrow Films, approved by director Richard Kelly and director of photography Steven Poster
– High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentations of both versions of the film: the 145-minute theatrical cut and the 160-minute “Cannes cut”, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 2006
– Original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 stereo soundtracks
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Audio commentary on the theatrical cut by Richard Kelly
– It’s a Madcap World: The Making of an Unfinished Film, a new in-depth retrospective documentary on the film, featuring contributions by Richard Kelly and members of the original crew
– USIDent TV: Surveilling the Southland, an archival featurette on the making of the film, featuring interviews with the cast and crew
– This is the Way the World Ends, an archival animated short set in the Southland Tales universe
– Theatrical trailer
– Image gallery
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacey
– Limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Peter Tonguette and Simon Ward