After making such American noir classics as Brute Force and The Naked City, the blacklisted director Jules Dassin went to Paris and embarked on his masterpiece: a twisting, turning tale of four ex-cons who hatch one last glorious robbery in the City of Light. Rififi is the ultimate heist movie, a mélange of suspense, brutality, and dark humor that was an international hit, earned Dassin the best director prize at the Cannes Film Festival, and has proven wildly influential on the decades of heist thrillers that have come in its wake.
- New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Interview with director Jules Dassin from 2000
- Set design drawings by art director Alexandre Trauner
- Production stills
- Optional English-dubbed soundtrack
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic J. Hoberman
New cover by Tang Yau Hoong