In a derelict industrial wasteland somewhere on the outskirts of Tokyo, two rival punk bands and their unruly mobs of fans gather for a Battle of the Bands-style protest against the construction of a nuclear powerplant, bringing them head to head with the yakuza industrialists behind the development of their turf.
This extraordinary celebration of Japan’s punk music scene of the early 1980s thrust Sōgo Ishii (now known by the name of Gakuryū Ishii), the underground filmmaking wunderkind behind such works as Half Human: Einstürzende Neubauten (1986), Angel Dust (1994) and Electric Dragon 80,000V (2001), to the next level and is regularly cited as an early landmark in Japanese cyberpunk cinema.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
– High Definition Blu-rayTM (1080p) presentation
– Original lossless mono Japanese soundtrack
– Optional English subtitles
– Brand new audio commentary by Japanese film expert Tom Mes
– Brand new interview with director Sōgo Ishii [Title TBC]
– Interview with academic Yoshiharu Tezuka [Title TBC]
– Original Trailer
– Image Gallery
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Chris Malbon