Two-Disc Blu-ray + CD Steelbook
Dario Argento’s masterpiece of horror comes to home video from Synapse Films in an exclusive new 4K restoration from the original uncut, uncensored 35mm Italian camera negative and with the original 4.0 English surround sound, for the first time EVER! Painstakingly restored over the past three years, Synapse Films has created the ultimate special edition of Suspiria with the supervision and approval of the film’s Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli, and loaded with a separate Blu-ray disc of amazing extras! Suspiria is presented in its original glory for its 40th Anniversary!”
Three disc (Two Blu-rays + One CD) limited collector’s edition containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by Suspiria Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli.
Exclusive Steelbook® packaging and o-card featuring artwork from Malleus, Van Orton Design, Juan José Saldarriaga & Chris MacGibbon.
Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96kHz/24-bit audio, with newly-translated removable English SDH subtitles. Italian 5.1 surround mix, with removable English subtitle translation.
• Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars Derek Botelho, David Del Valle, and Troy Howarth
• Do You Know Anything About Witches? – 30 minute Suspiria visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie
• Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from Suspiria
• A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of Suspiria – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema
• Olga’s Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi
• Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
• “International Classics” English “Breathing Letters” opening credit sequence from the U.S. release
• Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching
• Exclusive CD remaster of Goblin’s Suspiria motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1977 soundtrack release
• Special Collector’s Edition Booklet containing an American Cinematographer interview with Luciano Tovoli, liner notes by Derek Botelho, audio restoration notes by Vincent Pereira and a note from Suspiria’s Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli. Booklet cover artwork by Matthew Therrien Illustration”